Lovely #Bossmamas! Are things slipping your mind quite often? Forgot to write the brilliant epiphany you had in the shower? You’re not alone. When things get a tad bit messy or overwhelming and you feel like ripping out your hair, WAIT! I’m here with a brilliant way to save your sanity and increase your productivity by leaps and bounds. Let’s dive into the beauty called a Bullet Journal!
What is a Bullet Journal?
A bullet journal or #BuJo is anything and everything you want it to be. Developed by Ryder Carroll, the BuJo is a glance at your life in one place. In Carroll’s words “It’s an analog system for the digital age. It helps record the past, organize the present and plan for the future.”
Why do I need a BuJo?
For starters it gives you freedom from slump. When you start a bullet journal, your mind gets an illusion of control and BOOM! Now it’s tricked into actually making it a success. With this productivity high, let’s read the benefits of BuJo in bullet points! (Smart, right?)
- Track your HABITS or DEVELOP new ones: With #BuJo you can track your sleep, workouts, menstrual cycle, moods, water intake, skin care, eating habits to name a few.
- LIST, LIST and LIST: All your lists, never misplaced and to always keep you on track. Reading, movies, grocery, to-do lists, meal ideas, goals to achieve, the possibilities are endless. You can go crazy with them and MAKE IT HAPPEN!
- Get organized: Sounds obvious, doesn’t it? Yet, remains understated. You can organize pretty much everything with your BuJo. Never forget to pay the rent, car insurance and credit card bills when its written down beautifully in the BuJo.
- Create and customize: The advantage of BuJo over other planners is its ability to mould for you. Run your household or a multibillion-dollar company, it’ll always be at your service. It can be simple or dreamy with glitters and colors. No restrictions. Sky’s the limit!
- A little less of technology: Hands down technology wins any day but let your mind dwell in the serene world of pen and paper and the beauty of your own writing.
How can a BuJo improve my productivity?
Using a BuJo is like having a morning routine. You try to be up on time, done with preparing the kids for school and if all goes as planned, then your day is a pleasant breeze! A chain reaction. Once you are on this productivity train, there is no getting down. Here’s how it makes you productive:
- One-stop place for all your needs. It helps save you massive amounts of time to meal plan, deciding on a book or a movie or when is your child’s school project due and many more by eliminating the process of remembering too many things and then missing out on some of them. A win for less brain stress and #YAY productivity!
- Brain Dump: To literally dump everything on your mind. The brilliant idea you had during lockdown. Or a way-out for your emotions, especially for those who tend to get anxious. Let your thoughts flow free!
- Vision Board: A stunning visual imprint for yourself. No boundaries. Travel goals, family goals or a simple visual layout for the month. A vision board can help chalk plans for side-hustle or the path to achieve business goals.
- Mindset shift: I think by now you’re convinced that a BuJo will cause a revolutionary shift in your mindset. It may just be that 180-degree flip from an overwhelmed mama to a #Bossmama. The boost of this positivity will reflect on your health and life to be on the right track.
Get healthy with a BuJo
You always put your family first, at times neglecting your own health. It’s time to focus on YOU. Here is how you can implement habit trackers. Do you take vitamins? Then simply try making a check box list of morning / night etc and the days in the month, and see if tracking your vitamins helps you remember to take them or not. I urge you to try this. Gratitude Journalling is also a strong support and coping system, try using a BuJo to write: Daily Appreciations. Write this at the top of a page: “Today I am thankful for…” and try to write down something that you are grateful for every day. Compliment, promise to take care of yourself. It’s called #SelfLove and it’s important. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back #Mama for being so amazing!
I hope you are inspired to try bullet journaling and I’m confident it’ll help you immensely. Just be yourself when journaling and stop missing out on this brilliant system aiming for perfection. A huge shout out to all the experienced #BuJo #BossMamas, please share your expert opinions for all the newbies out here in the comments below. Do you have specific habit trackers that make you happy and healthy? In this spirit of helping out each other, let’s pass them on in the comments.
Thank you, for reading Supercharge your productivity with a Bullet Journal to learn how to be more productive as a #boss and #mama with a fresh, positive and motivated mindset!
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe for more & get FREE boss mom Bullet Journal printable planners, straight to your inbox!